Thursday, September 11, 2014

Post Christianity Transformation Pt.1 Physical

Upon evolving beyond Christianity, god concepts, eventually into atheism, I also underwent a physical transformation. I was 35, overweight, and not motivated to workout. As I started to challenge all the various sacred ideas in my mind, I also decided to commit to working out regularly.

Some people speak of glory days, when they were in the peak shape of their lives, wishing they could go back. I had no such glory days to reminisce about. I wanted to totally transform my life, and no longer be conformed to the world of christianity and mediocrity. I knew I belonged in the world of excellence. Since I believe I have a excellent mind, I should also have an excellent body to match.

It's amazing how the looming eventuality of permanent expiration pushed me to challenge myself in every way. There were a lot of things I wanted to do, but my time here is running out.

The first I did was change my diet. Evolving past Christianity changed the way I related to everything. I discovered that I was really bothered by the way food is processed in the United States. I started to feel really bad about the treatment of animals that would eventually make it to my dinner table. I obtained a moral conscience with regards to domestic animals. These animals were born to die and the quality of life they had wasn't the best. This lead me to look into becoming a vegan.

I maintained the vegan lifestyle for six months, sometimes "backsliding"by eating cheese or butter. At this point I was regularly hitting the gym, but I had to eat so much food to sustain me. There is only so much veggies, grains, and protein powers a person can consume. I was getting in shape, working out(strength training and cardio), but I could not get my weight to come down. I was getting healthier, but I wanted to look healthier.

So after six months, I reintroduced meat to my diet, however, I opted for locally sourced grain fed beef and free range chickens, whenever possible. At minimum, I started fazing processed foods out of my diet. I also began to intensify my workout. This combination, along with getting enough sleep, helped me to get my weight down to my high school size, except this time, I was in great physical shape.

Back in May, I took a stab at running outside. I would use the arc trainer at the gym or reluctantly use the treadmill when the arc trainer was occupied.  My indoor cardio workout got stale and that's what lead me to running.

I run about 12 miles a week and I love it. I continue to do strength training and I have gotten considerably stronger.

As my body began to change, I also started to change how I dress because I don't have to hide my body behind baggy and oversized clothing. I began to purchase clothing that flatters my body type. I also began to experiment with different colognes and discovered what fragrances suit my body chemistry I used to dress somewhat frumpy, but now I am known as the man who just stepped out of a GQ magazine.

The moral of this essay is I evolved past god and started to truly live. I have found that there is truly life before death.

No comments:

Post a Comment